This vegan morel and onion creamy mushroom ramen soup is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a chilly day since it is both soothing and savory. If you’re looking for a food that can do that, look no further. The earthy and soft flavor of morel mushrooms, the subtle sweetness of onions, the depth of flavor from miso paste, and the protein from nutritional yeast all add to the flavor of this broth. This recipe is great for people on a gluten-free or low-carbohydrate diet because it doesn’t use any flour but still has a velvety, creamy texture thanks to the addition of unsweetened almond milk. This soup is a comprehensive and satisfying supper that can be made in a short amount of time and is ideal for any night of the week. The soup is served on a bed of ramen noodles.
Ingredients for Vegan Morel and Onion Creamy Mushroom Ramen Soup:
- 1 pound fresh morel mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 packs of ramen noodles
Instructions for Vegan Morel and Onion Creamy Mushroom Ramen Soup:
- The olive oil should be heated in a large saucepan over medium heat. After adding the onions and garlic, continue to sauté the mixture for approximately 5 minutes, or until the onions have become translucent.
- Once the mushrooms have reached the desired tenderness, add the chopped morel mushrooms to the stew and continue to boil for another 5-7 minutes.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the vegetable broth, miso paste, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, thyme, salt, and pepper by stirring.
- The soup should be cooked for about ten to fifteen minutes at a low simmer.
- In a separate pot, prepare the ramen noodles in accordance with the directions provided on the package.
- Using four separate dishes, equally distribute the cooked ramen noodles.
- Place a ladleful of the steaming mushroom soup on top of the noodles.
- Add some chopped fresh parsley or fresh thyme as a garnish.
A bowl of this vegan morel and onion creamy mushroom ramen soup is the perfect end to a long week. The miso paste, soy sauce, and nutritional yeast add an umami note to the broth, which goes well with the tender morel mushrooms, onions, and garlic that make the flavor rich and savory. This soup is a whole meal thanks to the addition of ramen noodles. Spruce it up with sriracha or sesame oil, two popular Asian seasonings, or any other particular preference.
Where to get Morel Mushrooms?
Morel mushrooms can be found in a variety of places, depending on your location and the time of year. Here are a few options for where to buy morel mushrooms:
- Farmers’ markets: Many farmers’ markets carry a variety of fresh and locally-sourced produce, including mushrooms. Check with your local farmers’ market to see if they have morel mushrooms available.
- Specialty food stores: Some specialty food stores may carry morel mushrooms, particularly during the spring when they are in season.
- Online retailers: There are a number of online retailers that specialize in selling mushrooms and other gourmet foods. Look for reputable online stores that offer fresh and high-quality morel mushrooms.
- Foraging: Morel mushrooms can be found growing in wooded areas in the spring. However, it is important to exercise caution when foraging for wild mushrooms and to properly identify any mushrooms before consuming them. Seek the advice of an experienced forager or mushroom expert before consuming any wild mushrooms.
Keep in mind that morel mushrooms can be expensive and may not be readily available year-round. If you are unable to find fresh morel mushrooms, dried morel mushrooms are also available in many stores and online retailers and can be rehydrated for use in soups, stews, and other dishes.
Thank you so much for visiting thenutrient.com, it means the world to me.
I really hope you enjoy Vegan Morel and Onion Creamy Mushroom Ramen Soup recipe, and I would appreciate it if you could leave a comment or some feedback down below. Your feedback would be much appreciated.