Lets do this and help our bodies beat Coronavirus!
In this article, I’m sharing the exact steps I took to heal myself from the COVID-19. For me it was more difficult than average since I don’t have a spleen (the spleen creates antibodies to fight infection). For an average person it lasts for about 3 weeks, while I dealt with it for 3 months without even knowing what I had. In my most difficult times, I refused to give up because my family with small children needed me to care for them.
Here is a link to My Coronavirus/COVID-19 Story.
SEEK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Don’t be afraid to speak to a doctor, even with minor symptoms of covid19. Request to be tested for COVID-19, and insist on it. If you have coronavirus, there is a possibility of the test coming out negative, which will require to re-test.
MAINTAIN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY “IF SYMPTOMS ARE JUST MINOR”
Medical experts are making a big mistake of not recommending physical activity to patients with minor symptoms. They are not being proactive enough when it comes to the body healing. They focus on reactive conventional medical treatments which may not be effective to help the body to self-heal. This can potentially makes patients worse to the point of needing to be on a ventilator in the worst case scenario.
If you have diabetes, heart problems or any other chronic conditions, it is important to keep moving. You must remain as active as possible. Staying in bed reduces blood circulation and can make you feel worse. Being active helps loosen the build-up of mucus and fluids and increase circulation and the disposal of byproducts from your body. Walking daily or any other moderate exercise should help you feel better by increasing your blood circulation and boosting your immune system.
It is hard to stay positive and optimistic when your body is compromised, and at the same time hearing the terrible gloom and doom picture the media is portraying to increase their ratings! Additionally its frightening having even a little uncertainty and potentially not knowing how you are going to pull through this ailment in the worst case scenario. Below are some steps you can take to stay positive, that you should consider trying.
- Stay social with friends, family, online, on the phone, speak to them and ask for their support.
- Listen to upbeat music
- Light a candle and express gratitude for your healthy life, for your friends, family. Give thanks for all your accomplishments and all your material possessions. You may also listen to YouTube videos with daily affirmations of thanks and gratitude.
- Write affirmations daily expressing your well-being such as “I am healthy, I am vibrant, I am happy, I can beat any virus.”
- Stay away from any negative thoughts, and replace them with positive imagery and happy memories.
MANAGE YOUR PAIN
If you are in pain you should consult with your doctor and see what she/he can offer you. I know, from experience, being affected by COVID-19 is a painful ordeal. If all you can do is access over the counter medications, try an Advil and Tylenol combo, as it does the job but should only be used for a short amount of time. Please be advised however you are urged to consult with your doctor first before taking any and all medications, over the counter, vitamins, etc..
DEEP CLEAN YOUR LIVING SPACE
If you are experiencing respiratory distress whether from COVID-19, a cold, a flu, or other reasons, you must clean your living space from top to bottom. Even if you think your living space is clean, getting rid of dust, dirt, bacteria, will help you breathe easier, and will actually expedite the healing process of your lungs. Whether it’s a house, apartment, or whatever your quarantined space is, this cleaning is imperative. If you can’t do it, ask for help, and even hire help if you are able. This is important for everyone around you as well. It is not safe to keep yourself in a bacteria infested petri dish. When my cough wouldn’t go away, I practically demanded that we clean the entire house. Only after we disinfected practically every inch, did my cough totally go away.
Here is how to clean your living space:
- Cleaning Solution – fill a bucket with warm water, a few dozen drops of any liquid soap and approximately 1 ounce of Clorox Cleanup. You may use any bleach product however, and technically whatever certified cleaning product you have on hand is fine, as it may not be available in stores.
- PProtective Rubber Gloves – use gloves to protect your skin as bleach is very caustic and will damage your skin
- Tackle the cleaning in sections – Make a list, wipe down your walls, doors, door handles, floors, tables, chairs, all non-fabric furniture, kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, entry way, etc.
- Replace your cleaning solution – it is important to change the cleaning solution in your bucket periodically as the water gets dirty quick!
- Carpets – vacuum and clean your carpets the best way you can, and you will find this makes a big difference
- Bare Floors – mop your floors at the very end of your cleaning. Keeping floors clean is super important since they contain the most amount of dirt anywhere in your home.
- Avoid Air Spray – disinfectant air spray such as Lysol might actually do more harm to your compromised lungs due it’s chemical content. Strive for clean fresh air that your body truly craves, and not chemical filled air.
You will be amazed how much better you will feel when your living space is clean!
DRINK IMMUNE ENHANCING HERBAL TEAS
The following herbal teas promote healing by cleansing the blood and lymphatic system. In addition, they enhance the immune function.
Burdock Root Tea – A natural Antibiotic, Rich in Vitamins A, C, E, K, and B
Dandelion Tea – Supports Healthy Immune System, and contains Vitamin A, B, C, D, Iron, Potassium, and Zinc.
Red Clover Tea – Used to clear up accumulated toxins in the lymphatic system which may be causing inflammation and congestion.
Lemon Balm Tea – Taken internally, lemon balm tea has antiviral properties
Olive Leaf Extract – A great natural antibiotic which appears to help inhibit the growth of viruses and helps fight viral infections.
Elderberry Tea – Good for upper respiratory tract infections because it contains antioxidant flavonoids that protect the cell walls against foreign substances.
Hyssop Tea – Acts as an expectorant and contains antiviral properties.
TAKE IMMUNE ENHANCING VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS
Chlorophyll is the ” lifeblood” of all plants, and aids in production of healthy red blood cells, thus increases oxygen levels. It energizes and revitalizes the body and boosts the immune system. It is also great for body cleansing, detoxification, decreases bad breath & body odor, may improve athletic performance, altitude sickness prevention, fights fatigue, increases energy, shortness of breath, and a great antioxidant rich superfood. A simple and popular way to get chlorophyll into the diet is through taking supplements. Choosing just one type of chlorophyll will do. They are available as drops, pills, capsules, or powder.
- Spirulina – A blue-green algae packed with chlorophyll and phytonutrients that boosts the immune system. It is one of the most nutritious and nutrient-dense superfoods on the planet. It contains 60% protein, 18 amino acids, including all essential amino acids and 10 of the 12 non-essential amino acids, copper, iron, manganese, potassium, B vitamins, iodine, and Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). Spirulina is available as a powder and tablet form.
- Chlorella – A single-celled, freshwater nutrient-dense algae. It is considered a superfood due to its impressive nutrient content. It contains Protein, Vitamin B12, Iron, vitamin C, antioxidants, additional vitamins and minerals, Omega-3s, and even fiber (in larger quantities). Please note chlorella has a hard cell wall that humans cannot digest, so when looking to purchase this supplement, look out for the desired “broken cell wall chlorella“
- Wheatgrass – An exceptionally abundant in chlorophyll. It contains over 100 nutrients such as vitamins A and C, rich in calcium, magnesium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, sulfur, sodium, B12, cobalt and zinc. It is easily available online as a powder, juice, or in capsule form.
- Vitamin C – Fights colds and viruses and boots the immune system
- Vitamin B complex – Important for healing and immune function
- Zinc Lozenges – Stimulates immune function to fight viruses.
- Chuan xin lian – A Chinese herb in tablet form also known as Andrographis is known to clear mucus from the respiratory tract.
EAT IMMUNE ENHANCING FOODS
Garlic – acts as a natural antibiotic and immunity booster
Kale – a nutritious superfood, rich in calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, and K, as well as a slew of other minerals, and antioxidants. Kale is proven to also boost digestive health and the immune system.
Citrus Fruit – citrus nutrient-packed and is loaded with vitamin C and can significantly benefit your overall health and boost your immune system. In fact, some hospitals began administering vitamin C to their COVID-19 patients.
EASY IMMUNE BOOSTING RECIPES
Immune Boosting Recipe #1: The Green Goddess Smoothie
If you get and utilize just one tip from this article for food or supplements, it should be this smoothie! This green drink is so tasty, even the kids will love it. Drink it daily to boost your immune system. If it is too sweet, just add a cup of water in your blender.
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- 1 Fresh or frozen banana
- 1 Cup Apple Juice or Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Spirulina Powder
OTHER IMMUNE ENHANCING CONSIDERATIONS
Smoking – Stop smoking if you are a smoker and be careful to avoid even second-hand smoke, as exposure to smoke weakens your lungs and immune system. Read 5 Reasons You Need to Quit Smoking Now
Hydrate – Make sure to drink plenty of water! Avoid any other drinks, such as soda, caffeine, gatorade, energy drinks, etc. Read 10 Benefits of Water.
Chlorophyll – Take chlorophyll in tablet or liquid form daily to help your body rebuild and replenish with healthy blood cells.
Fruit – Don’t underestimate the power of fruit. Eating fruit is an excellent way to improve overall health. It is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, and natural fiber, as well as low in calories and nutrient dense.
Vegetables – Eat plenty of raw vegetables Avoid consumption of meat, fish, dairy, and eggs – consuming any form of animal products increases inflammation and mucus. In turn, the body and the immune system weakens. Eliminating meat will help strengthen your immune system and help your body restore to its original state.
GO OUTSIDE AND GET SOME FRESH AIR
Despite what the government commands about staying indoors, you must get out for some fresh air. Your body and lungs need the freshness of the outdoors and nature to assist you in the healing process. If you are a morning person, do it in the early morning, and if you are a night owl do it at night.
As you can see, no one thing can do the trick in winning the war against COVID-19! Also please remember that besides taking matters into your own hands, it is still important to always see a doctor!
Let’s stay healthy, safe, and beat this thing. You got this! if you don’t do it for yourself, who will do it for you?