Risotto with Creamy Mushrooms: This traditional Italian dish is a warm and cozy supper that is ideal for winter evenings. Risotto with creamy mushrooms is an Italian classic. Sauté sliced mushrooms and onions in butter. Add Arborio rice and white wine, and then slowly add chicken broth while stirring constantly until the rice is done. Add some grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley as a garnish before serving.
Ingredients for Plant Based Creamy Mushroom Risotto:
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (any type you like)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions Plant Based Creamy Mushroom Risotto:
- To preheat the olive oil, place it in a large Dutch oven or skillet and set the heat to medium. After adding the sliced mushrooms, continue cooking them for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until they start to brown and release their juice. Take the mushrooms out of the pan and put them in a separate bowl.
- Sauté the chopped onion and garlic in the same pan for a few minutes, until the onion and garlic have become more pliable.
- After adding the Arborio rice to the pan, give it a swirl to ensure that it is coated with the onion and garlic. Cook the rice for a few minutes while stirring it frequently until it begins to take on a translucent appearance.
- After adding the white wine, continue to toss the mixture until all of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- When adding the vegetable broth, do so one cup at a time, swirling the mixture frequently and waiting until each cup has been completely absorbed before moving on to the next.
- When the rice is finished cooking and all of the liquid has been absorbed, add the nutritional yeast and vegan butter and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- After adding the cooked mushrooms, give everything a good toss to mix.
- Salt and pepper can be added to taste as a seasoning.
To serve, bring to a boil and top with chopped fresh parsley or even more freshy sautéed mushrooms and onions.
Enjoy your plant-based creamy mushroom risotto!